Sunday, November 3, 2013

Status of the ASK-13 (03/11/2013)

Since to my knowledge the are no plans for this scale model, I will be drawing a new one inspired by Louis's plans as well as photos and drawings of the original one. So far, I have the .dxf files of most wooden elements which I am copying and pasting into a 3D Inventor® model.


Fuselage tail being drawn up in Inventor®
Once this is done, I intend to fit tubes of different sizes to carry the loads in the fuse. These will be located where they would be in the real glider. However at times I may have to modify it slightly in order for the drawing to make sens for a remote controlled glider. The advantage of using this method is that all the dimensions are already provided, I only need to click where I would like to have tubes.

I am very thankful that the .dxf files have been given publicly, this would otherwise be a much more difficult task. On the other hand, since they do not provide any idea where the tubing should go, I need photos of the frame without the Dacron cover. These are usually difficult to come across, but my aeroclub regularly maintains our gliders so I was able to obtain several. In addition, the NNZC gliding club has a rich set of photos which I have feeling will help a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment