Sunday, November 3, 2013

New Project: Winter 2013-2014

This winter's project is going to be a big one for me! I am building a scale model of an AS K-13 glider. This model will be approximately 4 meters in span and flown via remote control. The design is based on Louis Kulicka's plans.

Louis's design incorporates a wooden fuselage and wooden wings, however, the original glider had a steel tube fuselage, and wooden wings. This is where it gets tricky: I am going to reproduce Louis's model with a stainless steel tube fuselage.

The idea came when I saw Paolo Severin's work on large RC scale models. Being a keen glider pilot and RC pilot myself, I naturally wanted to reproduce my first solo glider. At this point, I am not certain of which decoration it will have, but it will be as structurally exact as possible. In order to do so, the wings will be built in wood by my father, and the stainless steel tube fuselage will be made by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment